Our role as prison ministers is to teach spiritual lessons, forgiveness, restoration, & how to develop a genuine relationship with God through prayer. We also teach skillsets like listening, patience, cross-cultural communication, & theological diversity among Christians.
These purposes are retribution, incapacitation, deterrence, and rehabilitation. Retribution means punishment for crimes against society. This retribution deprives criminals of their freedom, disconnects them from their loved ones, and tarnishes their self-esteem.
1. Give Money Directly
2. Help People Post Bail
3. Donate to Organizations Helping Incarcerated Individuals
4. Send Messages of Encouragement.
5. Support Those in Reform
1. Lend a listening ear
2. Share your joys (no matter how small)
3. Let them know they are loved
4. Don't fear emotions.
5. Continue to stay in touch.
6. Be wary of future planning